- This competition is open to high school students from grades 9-12
- Each team will consist of 4 participants
- Each team will be labeled as Junior (grades 9-10) or Senior (grades 10-11) categories
- In the case that a team has a mixture of grades from 9-12, they will automatically be considered in the category of the most senior member (i.e. a team with three Grade 9 participants and one Grade 12 participant will compete in the Senior category).
The competition format will consist of the following events:
- Team Event: All team members work together to solve 10 questions within a 90 minute time limit
- Pairs Relay: Each team will be split into two groups of two to complete 4 problems in relay fashion; one group must complete a problem before the second group can begin. The second groups question will be use the answer from the first group.
- Individual Relay: Similar relay fashion to pairs relay except each team will be split into individuals. One person must complete the problem before the next problem is given.
- There will be a time limit of 30 minutes for each relay event.
- 50 points total will be awarded for the team portion (5 points per question).
- 20 points total will be awarded for both relay portions combined. Marks will be awarded for consistency, even if an earlier answer is incorrect.
- A team can earn at most 70 points.
Date: April 11, 2019
Location: Lady Beaverbrook Gym, UNB Fredericton
9:30am - 10am: Registration and Rules
10am - 12:45pm: Competition
12:45pm - 1:30pm: Lunch
1:30pm - 2pm: Fun Activities
2pm-2:30pm: Winners Announced
LUNCH AND TRANSPORTATION
- The cost of transportation is the responsibility of the participants
- Lunch, snacks and refreshments will be provided
- Our competition is based off of the Nova Scotia Math League. Old contest problems can be found at: cs.smu.ca/~nsml/PreviousContests.html
- Any questions can be directed to Sarah Tranquilla, email@example.com
We would like to thank our sponsors for making the event happen! Check out their website for more information.